Our LocalRoot service allows you to serve a copy of the DNS Root Zone from your recursive resolver. For more information about LocalRoot, please see our About LocalRoot page and Getting Started pages.
2020-06-16: Major feature update!
- Please update your nameserver configuration!
- Servers can now be created with IPv6 addresses
- LocalRoot now has three upstream name-serves to serve mirrored domains
- Suport added for generation of additional nameserver configuration:
- LocalRoot infrastructure is now in place to mirror zones other than just the root. Currently available zones for mirroring:
- . (The root zone)
- Infrastructure is in place for E-Mailing LocalRoot announcements and error tracking (automated monitoring of your systems coming soon)
- Selection of E-Mail notifications can be set in the new account preferences page.
- Multiple usability improvements (its now possible to delete keys, servers, etc)
SponsorsThe LocalRoot project would not have been possible without these sponsors. We thank them graciously for their support:
- The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)